We see residents of Memory Care at The Woodlands at Furman as much more than just their illness. They are wonderful people who need care for Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia or memory loss. That’s why we use a holistic approach that supports residents and their families in unique ways.
We get to know your loved one and develop a specific care plan for them. They have familiar schedules and meaningful activities in a secure, homelike environment. We also promote choices that help them retain and restore independence. And we facilitate family involvement through care planning and visits.
Each Memory Care resident has a private suite with bathroom and access to a secure courtyard, country kitchen and nurses’ station. Residents are encouraged to bring their own furniture and décor so that they can create a familiar and comforting environment. See our private suite floor plan.
Memory Care Services
- Personalized assistance
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24/7
- Private suite with private bath
- Assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing, personal grooming and daily bed-making)
- Incontinence management
- Access to geriatric physician and geriatric nurse practitioner
- Pharmacy delivery
- Chef-prepared meals
- Regular scheduled housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and relaxing
- Transportation to local medical appointments
- On-site beauty salon and barbershop
- Wide variety of daily activities to keep residents engaged
We abide by a philosophy that embraces the whole person to nurture self-esteem and dignity. In addition to personalized care, our uniquely-trained staff helps residents engage in activities that they enjoy, such as music performances, making smoothies, lunch outings and group exercise.
We provide frequent individualized care plan meetings so you can track your loved one’s progress, and we can connect you to local support groups that let you interact with other caregivers.
Our fully trained staff gets to know your loved one – their history, their likes and dislikes, and preferred schedule. This nurturing relationship often improves interactions, helps reduce behavior problems, and can result in a reduction in medication needs.
Contact us to learn more about the memory care services for Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia at The Woodlands.