The Woodlands at Furman Legacy Fund was created to let us honor our commitment to provide lifelong enrichment and care, as well as to improve the quality of life for residents.
We welcome contributions from people like you. All funds are disbursed by the Legacy Fund board of directors in consultation with the executive director, the resident council, and the Upstate Senior Living board of directors.
How Your Gift Is Used
Programs and Capital Needs
Specially designated funds will help us expand our programs and meet strategic capital needs in the future. Gifts may be designated to specific funds for capital projects. All capital expenses require the approval of the Upstate Senior Living board of directors. Please contact the development director before making a designated gift for any purpose other than for benevolent care.
Additionally, a portion of donations to The Woodlands Legacy Fund will be reserved for future benevolent care, allowing us to provide support for residents who meet unexpected financial hardships.
How to Give
You can give a gift now and it will grow with us until a resident needs the funds. Some of these options will provide you with a current tax benefit. (Please consult with your financial adviser for details.)
- Give an outright gift.
- Make a multi-year pledge paid at your convenience.
- Enroll in The Woodlands Legacy Fund monthly giving program.
- Donate appreciated securities or other personal assets such as a vehicle.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust.
You can also plan ahead and enjoy the security of knowing you still have access to your funds for the rest of your life. Some of these options can help your heirs avoid costly tax penalties in the future, and some may provide you with current tax benefits. (Please consult your financial adviser before finalizing your gift.)
- Name The Woodlands Legacy Fund as a beneficiary of your will or retirement plan.
- Purchase a life insurance policy in the name of The Woodlands Legacy Fund.
- Donate unneeded funds from your IRA’s required minimum distribution.
Support The Legacy Fund
For more information, or to make a tax-deductible donation, please contact Kimberly Shell (email@example.com).