The Woodlands at Furman’s Legacy Fund was created to support residents who suffer unexpected financial hardships. This kind of benevolence allows us to honor our commitment to provide lifelong enrichment and care for all our residents.
How Your Gift Is Used
The majority of gifts to the Legacy Fund will be reserved for future benevolent care. The Legacy Fund may also use specifically designated funds to expand programs for residents or to meet strategic capital needs in the future.
Funds are dispersed by the Legacy Fund board of directors in consultation with the executive director, the resident council, and the Upstate Senior Living board of directors.
Gifts may be designated to specific funds for capital projects. All capital expenses require the approval of the Upstate Senior Living board. Please contact the development director before making a designated gift for any purpose other than for benevolent care.
How to Give
You can give a gift now and it will grow with us until the funds are needed by a resident. Some of these options will provide you with a current tax benefit. (Please consult with your financial advisor for details.)
- Give an outright gift.
- Make a multi-year pledge paid at your convenience.
- Enroll in The Woodlands Legacy Fund monthly giving program.
- Donate appreciated securities or other personal assets such as a vehicle.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust.
- Name the Legacy Fund as a beneficiary of your will or retirement plan.
- Purchase a life insurance policy in the name of the Woodlands Legacy Fund.
- Donate unneeded funds from your IRA’s required minimum distribution.
Support The Legacy Fund
To find out more about The Legacy Fund and how you can support it, contact our development director, James Nickelson, at 864-371-3114.