First of all, thank you for exploring The Woodlands at Furman as a senior living option. You have a lot of choices available, so we appreciate your time and consideration.
Now, here’s a little about us. The Woodlands is a not-for-profit Life Care community locally owned by Upstate Senior Living. What does all that mean for you?
- Being a not-for-profit means that we can reinvest in the community – benefiting the people who live here.
- “Life Plan Community” is a more accurate term for what is also referred to as a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC. It means we offer a full continuum of care all on site, or a plan for the future.
- Being locally owned means that we don’t have to answer to outside, big corporate interests. We know the area and are involved in the Greenville community.
Located on 22 beautiful acres adjacent to Furman University and just minutes away from downtown Greenville, SC, we’re perfectly situated for enjoying everything that the Upstate has to offer.
What Else Makes Us Different?
We’re the only locally owned, nonprofit senior living community in the Upstate to offer Life Care, a contract that guarantees Independent Living and continuing care on site, including Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. Life Care allows you to age in place, with the confidence of knowing that your estate is protected and that your health care needs will be met at predictable costs. Learn more about Life Care.
The Furman Connection
“The proximity to Furman is a huge asset. I’ve enjoyed auditing classes – I’ve audited six so far in history and religion. I also love being with the students.” Vickie Covington, resident since 2013
Our partnership with Furman University is a big reason many of our residents choose The Woodlands. It connects you with the energy, excitement and educational opportunities of a college campus – and it’s only a few steps away.
- Feed your curiosity through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). From day trips and cultural opportunities to classes, lectures and hands-on experiences, you can stay active and engaged.
- Stay connected to sports and fitness with Paladin sporting events and the Physical Activities Center (PAC) at Furman. As a Woodlands resident, you can take advantage of a wide variety of opportunities at a reduced fee – including access to the pool.
- Keep moving on the hiking and walking trails, or by playing a few rounds at Furman University Golf Club.
We’re guided by the principles of The Woodlands Way, which helps us fulfill our vision to be the retirement community of choice by nurturing a distinctive culture of enrichment for our residents.
- We’re responsible to the people living in our community and to their families. Everything we do will be of high quality to meet their needs. Everyone will be recognized as an individual, and we’ll respect their dignity and opinions. They must have a sense of safety and caring while residing in our community. We’ll provide continuing opportunities for them to enrich their lives. We’ll strive to manage our costs to maintain reasonable prices.
- We’re responsible to our employees. Compensation must be merit-based and fair, and working environments shall be clean, orderly and safe. We will provide qualified employees with equal opportunity for professional development and advancement. Employees are encouraged to make suggestions and complaints.
- We’re responsible to the communities in which we live and work. We’ll be good citizens; support good works and better health and education. We’ll maintain our properties while protecting the environment and conserving natural resources.
- We’re responsible to our investors. New facilities and equipment must be purchased and new programs paid for. Reserves must be preserved to cover adverse times. We’ll continuously strive for innovations and efficiencies in our programs and operations. Operating in accordance with these principles should realize a fair return for investors.
Let us know if you have any questions, or if you want to schedule a tour. We’d love to meet you in person!